Monday 14 October 2013

In the next few weeks I’m hosting an event at a local Arts’ Space. I’ve started the Facebook and email notifications and am now considering the flyers and posters.

In the last two events that I’ve organised I’ve spent upwards of £50 on the things and as far as I can tell there has only been one person who has looked at them and as a result come to the evening.

So, is there a point in not only spending the money but also the time going round to libraries, galleries and shops and spending, sometimes, frustrating hours persuading people to take them or take them for consideration by them upstairs.

On top of that - the event is supposed to be Free Entry but that means I finish up well out of pocket. So, I have to embarrass myself by asking for donations from people on the way out.


The answer, for me, is that it is not worth it but I’m still going to have to do it on the off chance that this time the effort will pay off. People expect a poster. It’s just one of those things.

No comments:

Post a Comment